Do you love social gatherings of all types? Are you at your happiest when you’re planning and organising? Then you will enjoy a career as an Event Manager. The industry needs co-ordinators and managers with great people and organisational skills who can work well under pressure.
Get the skills to organise a perfectly synchronised, well planned and executed event, while at the same time meeting the event objectives. Whether it’s a product launch, fashion show, company conference, teambuilding day, family party or wedding, the knowledge you gain on this course will ensure that it’s a success.
Numeracy and English literacy at NQF Level 3/Grade 11 or equivalent is recommended
Who should attend?
- Anyone who aspires to become an event planner
- Current event managers and co-ordinators who require formal training and recognition of their skills
- Those who are required to plan and manage events as part of their current job portfolios
On completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Understand the different sectors of the industry
- Assess, evaluate and select a venue
- Compile an event budget
- Obtain sponsorship and manage sponsors
- Choose speakers, presenters and entertainers
- Compile an event programme
- Identify and manage event risks
- Plan menus and food and wine pairings
- Successfully market your event
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Event Management.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).