Is it time for a career change? Take our free quiz to find out whether or not a career change might be right for you.
Question 1: It's Monday morning. What's your first thought?
- “Look out world, I'm ready to tackle a new week!”
- “Is it Friday yet?”
Question 2: Does your current job fit in with your long-term career goals?
- Yes, I'm on the right path to success.
- Let's just say I've hit a bump in the road.
- This might not be my dream job, but it'll help me get where I want to go.
- I've been on a detour and I don't know how to course-correct.
Question 3: Are you working hard or hardly working at work?
- I'm working hard and loving it.
- I've got lots of time to search for a new job at my current job.
- It comes in waves, but when it's busy, things are great.
- I'm drowning and feeling burned out at work, please send help!
Question 4: Does your company offer opportunities to develop new skills and advance?
- Yes they do! (tuition reimbursement, management development programs, training/education)
- Unfortunately, no.
Question 5: What do you think about your co-workers?
- I'd invite them to my wedding!
- I avoid my co-workers at all costs!
- We work well together, but don't really socialise outside of work.
- Let's just say I hope none of them ask for a referral.
Question 6: Do you feel you're well-compensated for your work?
- Yes, my pay is competitive, and I can easily negotiate salary with my employer.
- I'm definitely undervalued and not paid my worth.
Question 7: You've got a few minutes between meetings. What do you do?
- Send out a few quick work emails.
- Surf job boards on my phone.
- Prep for my next meeting.
- Watch puppy videos online.
Question 8: Describe your boss in one word.
If you answered mostly 1's and 3's…
Don't hand in your resignation just yet.
While you may not be 100% satisfied with your job right now, it sounds like there's still room for you to improve and grow where you are but your job and promotion prospects may improve if you broaden your skill set by taking a part-time course.
If you answered mostly 2's and 4's…
It's definitely time to make a move!
Take a look at our part-time course start dates and if you are still wondering whether a new career path is right for you or want to expand your skill set, our Student Advisers would love to help you.