This short course will give you the skills and knowledge to handle, pack and maintain stock integrity in a distribution centre or warehouse.
You’ll also learn how to maintain safety and housekeeping standards, and how to use materials handling equipment as an aid. You’ll understand how to maintain stock/inventories accurately in accordance with standard organisational procedures.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at NQF Level 1/Grade 9 or equivalent
- Learners should ideally be working in the manufacturing, wholesale or retail sectors or have access to such practical experience
- Basic computer skills would be beneficial
Learners could pursue a wide variety of roles in this field such as:
- Warehouse operator
- Warehouse controller
- Warehouse stores person
- Distribution driver
- Inventory controller
- Materials runner
- Warehouse assistant
- Stock controller
The logistics supervisor
- The function of the warehouse
- Control, co-ordination and planning
- Managing inventory
- Stocktaking processes and methods
- Materials handling equipment
- Warehouse management
- Reverse logistics
- The law and logistics
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Warehouse Supervision.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).