This comprehensive programme focuses on the strategic and tactical issues relating to the effective and efficient flow of goods and services from point of origin to point of consumption.
You will be encouraged to think about decisions that have to be made and their consequences within the supply chain in terms of the medium and longer term objectives of the organisation. You will get useful tools with which to analyse problems and opportunities and you will learn how to propose and support recommended solutions. Many real life examples are given to illustrate “how to” and “how not to” address issues when they arise.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant logistics experience would be an advantage or completion of the UniCollege Short Programme in Logistics Management
Learners who complete this course would be able to pursue a career in a number of fields, such as:
- Procurement Administrator
- Procurement/Purchasing Manager
- Project Manager – Logistics
- Customer Service Manager
- General Manager – Distribution Centre
- Distribution Manager
- Strategic Logistics Manager
- Purchasing Agent
- Operations Manager
- Logistics Analyst
- Logistics Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Customer service
- The key components of the supply chain
- Sourcing and procurement management
- Manufacturing management
- Inventory and warehouse management
- Transport and distribution management
- Alignment of demand and supply
- Supply chain performance
- Business modelling and problem solving
- Reporting and Information Systems
- People management
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Supply Chain Management.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).