This short course will give you an understanding of the production process and the skills needed to control and maintain this process by monitoring and adjusting the process to specifications. You will learn how to perform finishing activities and quality tests. Work safety and reporting on incidents and problems relating to the process, materials or products is also covered.
Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at NQF Level 3/Grade 11 or equivalent.
Learners could pursue a wide variety of roles in this field such as:
- Production superviser
- Production quality assurance
- Production planner
- Production manager
- Production team leader
- Operations supervisor
- Production shift supervisor
- Production shift manager
- Adjust, monitor and maintain production processes
- Prepare for work activity
- Perform finishing activities on products produced
- Perform quality tests and inspections on materials, components and products
- Recognise and report changes and/or malfunctions while operating
- Work safely with due care for self, fellow workers, equipment, materials and the environment
- Document all occurrences on shift
- Discuss and explain incidents and problems related to the process, the materials and the products
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Production.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).