Logistics Management improves efficiency within a business by streamlining operations and costs, thereby increasing overall profitability. This short course covers all aspects of this field through the use of practical examples in the application of theories, strategies and operational guidelines.
The topics covered illustrate the impact of logistics on customer service, transportation, warehousing, order processing, purchasing, importing and exporting.
- Comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant logistics experience would be an advantage or completion of the UniCollege Short Programme in Warehouse Supervision
Learners could pursue a wide variety of roles in this field such as:
- Freight agent
- Supply chain manager
- Warehouse logistics manager
- Transportation analyst
- Logistics engineer
- Inventory manager
- Procurement manager
- Customer services representative
- Logistics consultant
- International logistics manager
- Introduction to supply chain management
- Supply chain elements
- Contract management
- Manufacturing and operations
- Reverse logistics
- Customer service
- Logistics information systems
- Supply chain integration
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Logistics Management.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).