One of the things we often hear is "I can't earn a really good qualification because I can't afford to quit my job to study full time." We're here to tell you that statement is completely FALSE!
Here are KEY THINGS you need to know about earning a National Diploma part-time or full-time:
- You can earn a fully-accredited National Diploma by studying part-time and attending TWO evening face-to-face classes per week giving you 2 subject credits per semester (12 weeks). Full-time classes are also available.
- Each diploma qualification is split into three levels: N4, N5 and N6 and you earn a qualification every time you complete a level.
- A National N Diploma is an NQF Level 6 qualification with a credit value of 360 credits.
- If you want to make the process even more manageable in terms of your time and financial commitments, you can take a break between studying each level.
- UniCollege offers affordable payment terms so you can pay off your studies monthly like you would buying a car or a TV.
- National N Diplomas are registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
- A National Diploma’s requirements include an 18 month practical work experience. This is a golden opportunity for you to get "on the job" experience which is a requirement of most employers these days. It also means that you can showcase your skills and work ethic to the company you are placed with and who knows, you might just earn a permanent position.
- When you study a National Diploma full-time, you are able to start earning a salary after 18 months, which is much quicker compared to other diplomas whose requirements are usually a minimum of 3 years of study. The faster you can become independent and earn a salary, the better!
- National Diploma graduates also tend to have an easier time finding employment compared to university graduates who are often seen as having only theoretical knowledge and who tend to want much larger starting salaries. You will start your career with a smaller study debt to pay off and, while you may start on a lower salary than your university counterpart, employers are much more willing to increase salaries based on actual work performance, rather than hiring someone with no practical experience at a higher price.
So what are you waiting for? An extremely valuable qualification is well within your reach. All you need to do now is make the decision to register!
Chat to a Student Advisers by emailing us on email@example.com or calling us on 011 955 5326. Want us to call you back? Simply send us a Whatsapp on 066 012 1149.