This short practical programme will give you basic knowledge and skills in PC hardware, components, installation, troubleshooting and networking. You will also learn how to perform basic PC repairs.
It will also prepare you for further studies towards the CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English at NQF level 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of how to use a computer
Who should attend?
Learners with technical aptitude who want to go into IT but need some basic technical knowledge
- Personal computer background, PC components, features and system design
- Microprocessor types, specifications, motherboards and buses
- BIOS, Memory, IDE and SCSI interface
- Storage principles
- Physical drive installation and configuration
- Video hardware and other I/O interfaces
- Input devices, internet connectivity, local area networking
- Hardware skills for building or upgrading systems
- Troubleshooting hardware and operating system software
- Antivirus, utility and diagnostics programmes
- File systems recovery
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Upgrade & Repair PCs.