This programme will teach you how to use the most popular features of Microsoft Office.
If you are already familiar with Windows and want to get further practical skills in the most popular Microsoft Office software packages, then this short course is for you. You will get a thorough grounding in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Learners who do not have access to a PC can use the Resource Centre at UniCollege to practice.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 10 level or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of computer skills or completion of the UniCollege Certificate in Computer Skills for Windows & Office
- Basic IT and internet concepts
- Windows interface and navigation
- Using Windows Apps
- Desktop applications
- Files and folders
- Customising environments
- Features, Help and tips
- Microsoft Word interface and navigation
- Customising your workspace
- Editing a document
- Formatting text and paragraphs
- Adding tables and managing lists
- Inserting objects, images and symbols
- Proofing and printing documents
- Microsoft Excel interface and navigation
- Performing calculations
- Modifying and formatting a Worksheet and Workbook
- Printing and managing Workbooks
- PowerPoint interface and navigation
- Developing a PowerPoint presentation
- Advanced text editing and animation
- Graphic elements and objects, tables and charts
Accreditation and Certification
On successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Microsoft Office Fundamentals.