Our one-year full-time programme will give you practical skills and hands-on programming experience in various languages. We’ll also prepare you to succeed in the external Certiport examinations. Certiport certification gives you foundational knowledge to jump-start your career in programming.
You’ll become confident using Microsoft Visual Studio Code and Git/Github as these are the platforms where you’ll do most of your development. Our aim is to make you an effective programmer using computational thinking skills to find solutions. You'll also get a thorough understanding of the development process from start to finish. You will complete various projects during the course to make up a personal portfolio which showcases your skills.
You will be prepared for many career opportunities in the IT industry, including:
- Software developer
- Web administrator
- Database developer
- Software engineer
- Database analyst
- Solutions specialist
- Web integration specialist
- Web developer
- Backend/frontend developer
- Full stack developer & more!
View our factsheet for more detail on the content covered in each module.
- Intro to Computer Science
- Intro to Programming using Scratch
- Intro to programming using Python
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) with Python
- Azure Dev Ops (Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions)
- Introduction to Robotics using a Raspberry Pi and Python
- Computational Thinking
Accreditation and Certification
We teach you to be job and world ready! This qualification is made up of weekly tasks building towards a final project per module. Each module has a number of practical problem sets that must be submitted.
You will write the international external Certiport examinations after passing a UniCollege internal exam.
Successful students will receive the following certification:
- HTML and CSS (ITS OD 301)
- Python (ITS OD 303)
- Software Development (ITS OD 305)
- HTML5 Application Development (ITS OD 306)
- Artificial Intelligence (ITS OD 307)
- Computational Thinking (ITS OD)
- Communication and numeracy skills at NQF level 4 or Grade 12 or equivalent
- Basic skills in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Computer Science or Maths will be beneficial