IT success stories start with the CompTIA A+ certification! It validates understanding of the most common hardware and software technologies in business and certifies the skills necessary to support complex IT infrastructures.
At UniCollege, you will be prepared to write the international CompTIA A+ exams while gaining theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in PC hardware and operating systems.
You can either attend classes two evenings a week or on Saturday mornings.
- English and Mathematics at Grade 11 or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of computer components (keyboard, mouse etc.) and experience with the Windows operating system
- Completion of the UniCollege programme in Upgrade & Repair PCs is advised for learners who have limited knowledge of computer components
Who should attend?
- If you’re new to the IT industry, the A+ certification will help you put your best foot forward
- If you’re already an IT professional, this will validate your skills and boost your career
Successful learners can enter a wide variety of positions in IT such as:
- Technical support specialist
- Field service technician
- IT support technician
- IT support administrator
- IT support specialist
- Assemble components based on customer requirements
- Install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users
- Understand the basics of networking and security/forensics
- Properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues
- Apply troubleshooting skills
- Provide appropriate customer support
- Understand the basics of virtualisation, desktop imaging and deployment
Accreditation and Certification
UniCollege prepares you to write the external CompTIA A+ examinations by first writing internal exams. If you pass the internal UniCollege exams, you receive the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in PC Technician.
On passing the two external CompTIA A+ exams, you receive your internationally recognised CompTIA A+ certification:
- CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers hardware, networking, mobile devices and hardware & networking troubleshooting
- CompTIA A+ 220-902 covers Windows operating systems, other operating systems & technologies, security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.