This introductory hobby course is ideal for those with an interest in photography as well as those considering photography as a career. Our short course is the perfect environment to develop your artistic flair and get expert tuition and training in photography processes and techniques.
You will also have plenty of opportunity to put your newly acquired knowledge to practical use. Field trips to venues and events that lend themselves to photography are planned and form part of the course.
- Equipment used in photography – film and digital
- Camera, sensors and film
- Creative use of camera controls – ISO, shutter speed, aperture, depth of field
- The importance of composition
- Studio lighting
- Lighting with a flash
- How to use lenses
- Tackling different photographic subjects: landscape, portrait, wedding, action, product, photo journalism and night photography
- Troubleshooting, digital processing and printing
- Introduction to post processing
- Creative ways to use photographs to create gift idea
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Photography.