This qualification aims at equipping you with the knowledge and skills to perform the Accounting function in small organisations and to provide support to Accountants and Financial Managers in medium and large organisations. On completion of this programme, you will be qualified as an Accounting Technician and Certified Tax Technician.
You will be able to operate with management in an accounting environment, become a SAIT-recognised tax practitioner, know the ins and outs of accounting, taxation, auditing and business law, and understand how tax works for individuals and companies.
- Grade 12 or NQF level 4 qualification or equivalent
- No prior accounting knowledge is required
This programme will prepare you for many career opportunities in finance and accounting, including:
- Technical Financial Accountant
- Accounting Technician
- Certified Tax Technician
- Junior Bookkeeper
- Senior Bookkeeper
- SARS Returns Administrator
- Cost and Management Accounting Clerk
- Income Tax Administrator
- Business Law Administrator
- Auditing Assistant
- Debtors Administrator
- Creditors Administrator
- Payroll Administrator
Refer to the course factsheet for a more detailed outline per module.
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Computerised Bookkeeping (including Pastel Accounting)
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Income Tax Returns
- Business Law and Accounting Control
- Business Literacy
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of each module, learners will receive an ICB Results Letter for that subject outlining the unit standards covered and the competencies achieved.
On successful completion of all the modules, learners will receive a full transcript of results and the ICB will apply to FASSET on the learner’s behalf for the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting to be awarded (NQF Level 5, SAQA ID 36213).