Our Short Programme in Payroll & SARS Returns will give knowledge of the payroll function, the Basic Conditions of Employment Act and business ethics. You will also revise the monthly bookkeeping function. You will get the skills to complete the payroll function from a bookkeeping perspective, complete the SARS payroll returns (EMP201, IRP 5, IT3a, IRP501) as well as the VAT201 return.
You can also register with the ICB to complete and achieve a subject credit towards the National Certificate: Bookkeeping.
- English and Mathematics at Grade 10 or equivalent
- Completion of the Short Programme in Basic Bookkeeping
- Recording business financial transactions
- Revise the manual monthly bookkeeping function
- Introduction to payroll
- The Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- The registered Tax Practitioner
- Completing the payroll function from a bookkeeping perspective
- Completing the SARS payroll returns (EMP201, IRP 5, IT3a, IRP501)
- Completing the VAT201 return
- Statutory registrations
- Basic business ethics
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the programme, learners will receive the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Payroll & SARS Returns.
Learners have the option of registering with the ICB to complete and achieve a credit towards the ICB subject Payroll & Monthly SARS Returns which is one of 4 modules making up the National Certificate: Bookkeeping (NQF Level 3, SAQA ID 58375). Learners are required to complete the ICB POE for this subject and write the external ICB final examination.