If you enjoy working with children and shaping young minds, are passionate about children’s education and psychology, and are excited about creating interesting, stimulating and fun activities for children, then look no further.
Qualified Educare teachers and Early Child Development (ECD) practitioners are very much in demand in South Africa and worldwide.
Grade 12 National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an appropriate National Certificate (N3) or equivalent
Who should attend?
This national diploma qualification is widely recognised and recommended for anyone who is currently working in or interested in finding employment in the Educare environment working with young children.
This programme will prepare you for many career opportunities in teaching and ECD, including:
- Pre-school teacher or assistant teacher
- Play group practitioner
- Day care manager
- Au pair
- Health care assistant
National Certificate: N4
- Education N4
- Day care personnel development N4
- Educare didactics: theory & practical N4
- Child health N4
National Certificate: N5
- Day care communication N5
- Educational psychology N5
- Educare didactics: theory & practical N5
- Entrepreneurship & business management N4
National Certificate: N6
- Day care communication N6
- Educational psychology N6
- Educare didactics: theory & practical N6
- Day care management N6
Accreditation and Certification
You will write national examinations which are set and administered by the DHET. Successful students will achieve the following certification which is conferred and issued by the DHET:
- National Certificate: N4 Educare (SAQA ID: 66883)
- National Certificate: N5 Educare (SAQA ID: 66971)
- National Certificate: N6 Educare (SAQA ID: 67007)
Once you have successfully achieved all three N4–N6 certificates and have worked for 18 months (minimum of 2000 hours) in the educare or pre-primary environment, your logbook will be submitted to the DHET. Once you receive DHET approval, you will qualify to receive the highly respected National N Diploma: Educare (SAQA ID: 67050).
You can then apply to be registered as an educator with the South African Council for Educators (SACE).