The success of almost any business depends largely on the effectiveness of its marketing plans and strategy. This nationally recognised Diploma in Marketing Management will give you a broad knowledge of marketing and an understanding of the fundamental principles for effective marketing, marketing communication and sales management in the business world.
Grade 12 National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an appropriate National Certificate (N3) or equivalent
Who should attend?
The knowledge and skills learnt are applicable to a wide range of industries and business careers. This programme is ideal for:
- Those who want to work in the marketing field
- Those currently working who want to get a nationally recognised qualification and underpin their experience with knowledge
This programme will prepare you for many career opportunities in marketing, including:
- Market research
- Marketing consulting
- Digital marketing
- Customer service
- Direct marketing
- Relationship marketing
- Event marketing
- Product development
- Public relations
- Purchasing management
- Call centre agent
View our factsheet for more detailed subject outlines.
National Certificate: N4
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N4
- Marketing Management N4
- Management Communication N4
- Computer Practice N4
National Certificate: N5
- Marketing Management N5
- Sales Management N5
- Mercantile Law N4
- Public Relations N5
National Certificate: N6
- Marketing Research N6
- Sales Management N6
- Marketing Communication N6
- Marketing Management N6
Accreditation and Certification
Students write national examinations which are set and administered by the DHET.
Successful students achieve the following which are conferred and issued by the DHET:
- National Certificate: N4 Marketing Management (SAQA ID: 66872)
- National Certificate: N5 Marketing Management (SAQA ID: 66952)
- National Certificate: N6 Marketing Management (SAQA ID: 66996)
Once you have successfully achieved all three N4–N6 certificates and have worked for 18 months (minimum of 2000 hours) in a marketing environment, your logbook will be submitted to the DHET. Once you receive DHET approval, you will qualify to receive the highly respected National N Diploma: Marketing Management (SAQA ID: 67037).