Leadership skills and the ability to manage teams are linked and complementary. To manage is to plan, organise and coordinate. To lead is to inspire and motivate. Both leadership and management skills are therefore needed for business success.
UniCollege’s innovative short programme explores how your success depends on your ability to influence the actions of others. You will get insight into how to engage employees in reaching company goals using motivation tools and effective communication strategies. You’ll see how you affect your employees – positively and negatively – and gain practical skills and frameworks that will help you manage and lead more effectively to achieve the results you want.
Numeracy and English Literacy at NQF Level 3/Grade 11 or equivalent is recommended
Who should attend?
- New, potential or established managers who wish to update their skills and knowledge
- Managers currently experiencing challenges who want to reassess their style and mode of influencing others
- Managing organisation processes
- Planning and budgeting
- Resource management
- Goal attainment
- Performance monitoring and improvement
- The leadership challenge
- Organisational behaviour and company values
- Motivating individuals and using vision
- Practical coaching and developing staff
- Managing conflict
- Communication strategies
- Understanding teams
- Building cohesion and support
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Leadership & Management.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).