Our short programme, endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM), covers the key aspects of Human Resource Management to give you an understanding of proper staffing, selection, induction, training and performance management processes to motivate and maximise the effectiveness of company personnel.
You will also gain understanding of human resource management challenges and developments specific to the South African business and labour environment.
Numeracy and English literacy at NQF Level 3/Grade 11 or equivalent is recommended
Who should attend?
- Newcomers to the field of human resources or management
- Those who require knowledge of human resource practices
- Those who wish to remain up to date with the latest HR theory and developments
- Organisational behaviour
- Challenges facing HRM in SA
- Role of HR in creating an ethical organisation
- The HRM profession in SA
- HR and the legislative environment
- Employment Equity Act and the LRA
- Discrimination – fair and unfair
- Employee misconduct and dismissals
- Industrial action and dismissals
- The Skills Development Act
- Training and development
- Collective bargaining
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Talent planning, recruitment and selection
- Induction and socialisation
- Remuneration and reward
- Health, safety and wellness
- Employee development and career management
- Performance management
- Diversity management and retention
- Leadership in an organisation
- Group development and team effectiveness
- E-HRM and knowledge management (HRIS)
- Change management and organisational development
- Strategic HR management
- Balanced scorecard and HR scorecard
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme Certificate in Human Resource Management.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).