The foundation of the Business Management course lies in entrepreneurship, management, marketing and HR (labour relations). In addition to these, the knowledge you will gain by covering key topics in law, communication and accounting will ensure you have a comprehensive set of skills to make your mark in business!
Learners gain the knowledge to understand each functional area of a business, as well as insight into how a business functions as a whole. Creating your own business plan during the programme will give you the opportunity to explore new business ideas and improve performance at your place of work.
Browse our other Business courses here.
Grade 12 National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an appropriate National Certificate (N3) or equivalent
Who should attend?
The knowledge and skills learnt are applicable to a wide range of industries and business careers. This programme is ideal for:
- Those who want to succeed in a general management environment
- Those who are motivated to start their own business
- Those that are currently running their own business
This programme will prepare you for many career opportunities in business and management, including:
- Management Consultant
- General Manager
- New Business Development Manager
- Project Manager
- Managing Director
- Departmental Manager
- Business Broker
View our factsheet for more detailed subject outlines.
National Certificate: N4
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N4
- Introductory Accounting N4
- Management Communication N4
- Computer Practice N4
National Certificate: N5
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N5
- Sales Management N5
- Mercantile Law N4
- Labour Relations N5
National Certificate: N6
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N6
- Labour Relations N6
- Marketing Communication N6
- Marketing Management N4
Accreditation and Certification
Students write national examinations which are set and administered by the DHET.
Successful students achieve the following certification which is conferred and issued by the DHET:
- National Certificate: N4 Business Management (SAQA ID: 66871)
- National Certificate: N5 Business Management (SAQA ID: 66929)
- National Certificate: N6 Business Management (SAQA ID: 66995)
Once you have successfully achieved all three N4–N6 certificates and have worked for 18 months (minimum of 2 000 hours) in a business environment, your logbook will be submitted to the DHET. Once you receive DHET approval, you will qualify to receive the highly respected National N Diploma: Business Management (SAQA ID: 67036).