Get the fundamental business acumen and skills to succeed and make your mark in business!
You will gain knowledge and understanding of each functional business area, as well as strategic insight into how a business functions as a whole. You'll also learn how to problem-solve and collaborate which are essential management components. Creating your own business plan during the programme will give you the opportunity to explore new business ideas and improve performance at your place of work.
On completion, you will have:
- An accredited qualification that is recognised in business and industry and that will give you a clear advantage in the job market, nationally and internationally.
- A whole range of career opportunities open up to you - you'll have a wide skill set that can be applied to a variety of positions.
- The essential skills and knowledge to be successful in the business world, either as a versatile business manager or an entrepreneur running your own business.
Who should attend?
The knowledge and skills learnt are applicable to a wide range of industries and business careers. This programme is ideal for you if:
- You want to succeed in a general management environment
- You are motivated to start your own business
- You are currently running your own business
With the versatile skill set you will have on completion of this programme, you can apply to a variety of positions and opportunities in an organisation, including:
- Management Consultant
- General Manager
- New Business Development Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Business Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Project Manager
- Managing Director
- Departmental Manager
- Business Broker
You will gain knowledge and understanding in the following key areas:
- Business Management
- Sales Management
- Labour Relations and HR
Critically, you will learn how to plan around people and processes in the organisation, how to lead a team and be a team player, and how to control budgets, people, processes and strategy outcomes.
You will also learn how to do the necessary market research and conduct a proper market feasibility study to be able to draft a business plan. This can be used to approach investors or apply for a start-up loan from a bank if you want to start your own business.
View our factsheet for more detail per subject.
National Certificate: N4
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N4
- Introductory Accounting N4
- Management Communication N4
- Computer Practice N4
National Certificate: N5
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N5
- Sales Management N5
- Mercantile Law N4
- Labour Relations N5
National Certificate: N6
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N6
- Labour Relations N6
- Marketing Communication N6
- Marketing Management N4
Accreditation and Certification
You are prepared to write the national examinations, set and administered by the DHET.
On successful completion of each level, you will get the following certification, conferred and issued by the DHET:
- National Certificate: N4 Business Management (SAQA ID: 66871)
- National Certificate: N5 Business Management (SAQA ID: 66929)
- National Certificate: N6 Business Management (SAQA ID: 66995)
Once you have successfully achieved all three N4–N6 certificates and have worked for 18 months (minimum of 2 000 hours) in a business environment, your logbook will be submitted to the DHET.
On receiving DHET approval, you will qualify to receive the highly respected National N Diploma: Business Management (SAQA ID: 67036).
Grade 12 National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an appropriate National Certificate (N3) or equivalent