This 5-month full-time programme will give you the knowledge and skills to manage projects in a variety of fields.
You will gain a solid platform of project management knowledge, techniques, tools and skills to manage projects and sub-projects as guided by the PMBOK approach which focuses on standardisation and best practice. These techniques can be applied to technical, business, government or community development projects.
You will also get hands-on skills using the Microsoft Project software package. By learning the tools of MS Project, you will be more productive and efficient in successfully completing projects.
UniCollege provides excellent face-to-face tuition with experienced facilitators who bring a wealth of industry expertise and knowledge. View our part-time project management offerings here.
Who should attend?
- Those who want to become project managers
- Those who are interested in entering the business environment, thrive when working under pressure and have good organisational skills as well as attention to detail
- Project team members who are new to the field as well as those who have some experience but wish to formalise and update their knowledge
This programme will prepare you for the following careers:
- Project Manager
- Facility Manager
- Construction Manager
- Project Control Manager
- Project Administrator
- Project Consultant
- Operations Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Project Leader
You will cover 4 modules in this course.
Fundamentals of Project Management
- Introduction to Project Management
- Conducting a Feasibility Study
- Project Estimating and Selection
- Planning and Control Cycle
- Critical Path Method
- Gantt Charts
- Procurement Schedule and Resource Planning
- Project Accounts
- Quality Management
- Risk Management
- Project Communication
- Project Organisation Structure (Matrix)
- Project teams and Leadership
Customer Service and Management
- Critical Elements of Customer Service
- Handling Customer Complaints
- The Deadly Sins of Customer Service
- Types of CRM Technology
- Create a Project Plan
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Create and Assign Resources
- Finalise the Project Plan
- Update a Project Plan
- Exchange Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Create Custom Reports
- Re-use Project Plan Information
Advanced Project Management
- Project Scheduling: Advanced Scheduling and Network Analysis
- Work Authorisation System
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Quality Management: Project Management and ISO 9001
Accreditation and Certification
Successful students will receive the UniCollege Learning Programme in Project Management Principles & Practices. This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).
This programme will assist those students who want to write the external examination to qualify for the internationally recognised Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI) in the USA.
After that, students with the necessary project management experience can also write the exams for the Project Management Professional (PMP) qualification.
- Numeracy and English literacy at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent is recommended
- Basic knowledge of computers