Did you know that travel booking and event organisation is one of the most in-demand skills for assistants! Often, making travel arrangements and planning events appears in a job description but not in the job title. That’s where our short course comes in.
Making travel arrangements and keeping managers, executives and clients happy while on the road requires a lot of meticulous planning. On this course, you will learn how to be organised, proactive and ready for any potential issues whether you are booking accommodation, flights, cars and more.
The vast majority of people planning events lack experience or qualifications and yet are expected to deliver outstanding events. This short course will also teach you the essentials of event planning with practical content to give you the key tools you need to run successful events on time and on budget.
Browse our our other travel and event planning courses here.
English and Mathematics at Grade 10 or equivalent.
Who should attend?
- Executive, Virtual and Personal Assistants who are new to booking and managing travel (flights, hotels, cars) for managers, staff and clients
- New, accidental or occasional event planners
- Anyone who needs basic skills to make travel bookings and organise events
- Planning and organising a travel itinerary
- Making car rental, hotel and flight bookings
- A checklist for event planning
- Working with suppliers in the events industry
- Compile event programmes
- Hosting an event
Accreditation and Certification
Upon successful completion of the study programme and internal assessments, learners will be awarded the UniCollege Short Programme in Travel Arrangements & Event Planning. This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).
Students electing not to write the final online examination will receive a Certificate of Completion if they have completed all the module self-assessments.